Women’s Health Physical Therapy & Myofascial ReleaseBy:
Dr. Sarah Trunk, PT, DPT
Did you know that 50% of all women believe pelvic floor dysfunction is normal?
…Think of urinary incontinence/leakage, pelvic pain/pain with intercourse, pelvic organ prolapse, painful periods, chronic pain after pregnancy, etc. These conditions can put a serious wrench in your ability to enjoy your life.
The good news is that specialized Women’s Health Physical Therapy and Myofascial Release can help! That’s right – no surgeries or drugs or wearing pads for the rest of your life!
Continue reading to learn more…
How Physical Therapy & Myofascial Release Helps Common Women’s Health Conditions:
- Urinary Incontinence (aka Leakage) & Urinary Urgency:
- Muscles control these functions in your body too! Sometimes the pelvic floor muscles need to be strengthened, stretched, trained to have better coordination or sometimes we need to address our bathroom habits to train our bladder. A skilled Women’s Health Physical Therapist will assess these components and help create a treatment plan. John F. Barnes’ Myofascial Release can also be helpful to gently decompress the muscles and connective tissues in this region to take pressure of the bladder.
- Pelvic/Hip/Low Back Pain:
- The pelvis is an especially complex area of your body and deserves a specialist! Properly addressing the pelvic floor muscle function and releasing tight fascia (connective tissues) in this region are often extremely important missing links to relieving pain in the back, hips and pelvis (they’re all connected!)
- Dr. Sarah and her husband Dr. Jereme both specialize in the John F. Barnes’ Myofascial Release Approach. This link will fill you in nicely on how this approach is an especially helpful missing link for chronic pain: www.balancewithinpt.com/fa
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse:
- Dr. Sarah was recently featured by APOPS (The Association of Pelvic Organ Prolapse Support) with a featured blog post on their site explaining the benefits of John F. Barnes’ Myofascial Release for Pelvic Organ Prolapse. Check out the article here for great info on the role of non-surgical management of Pelvic Organ Prolapse with Myofascial Release: “The Intersect Between Fascial Tissue and Pelvic Health: MFR Therapy for POP”
- …And was also recently featured in the newest edition of the APOPS book, Pelvic Organ Prolapse: The Silent Epidemic, 3rd Edition where Dr. Sarah provides important Myofascial Release insight.
So… Are you surprised that Physical Therapy can be helpful for these Women’s Health Conditions? Most women are! It’s really a shame this isn’t talked about more.
And this information is only the tip of the iceberg! Women’s Health Physical Therapy & Myofascial Release (MFR) can also be especially helpful for these other common conditions:
- Pain with intercourse
- Painful periods and Endometriosis/Ovarian Cysts
- Fibrotic/Fibrocystic breast tissues
- Recovery from a difficulty pregnancy/delivery
- Gently releasing C-Section & Episiotomy scars
- Mastectomy/lumpectomy scars & lymphedema
Imagine all the things you could enjoy more in your life without these annoying problems! And with natural treatments… no surgeries, pain meds or pads which just treat the symptoms! Just highly specialized Physical Therapy and Myofascial Release to get to the CAUSE of the problem.
Interested in learning more?
We offer FREE Discovery Consultswith our Expert Physical Therapists where you can get your questions answered and gain certainty on whether we can help you with your problem.
Schedule online via our website: www.BalanceWithinPT.com
OR REQUEST YOUR FREE DISCOVERY CONSULT HERE
Last of all, Thank you for your curiosity! Please consider sharing this important information to the ladies you love in your life. We don’t talk enough about these conditions but there is no need to suffer in silence! Please know I am here for you should you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. Sarah Trunk, PT, DPT